Dr. Atul Ursekar has had the privelege of excellence of training in Ophthalmology during his Residency training at KEM Hospital and followed by Super-speciality training in Vitreoretinal diseases and Surgery at Sankara Nethralaya , Chennai and Manhattan Eye Ear & Throat Hospital, New York. Subsequently he has developed, refined and improved his skills in Vitreoretinal Surgery and Lasers through his wide experience in private practice over the last 10 years.
He has presented several lectures and courses to clinicians, ophthalmologists, students and the general public in several centers in India and abroad. He has won many awards over the years and has several research papers to his credit. A combination of Good Accredited Qualifications, Advanced Training at the best centers in Ophthalmology, Large Surgical experience and Dedication to Ethical Practice puts him in the category of one of the most qualified surgeons in his field.
Fellowship Training :
Residency Training :
- Diplomate of National Board in Ophthalmology of the National Board , New Delhi.
- F.C.P.S. (Ophthalmology) Exam of the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- M.S. (Ophthalmology) Exam of the University of Bombay.
- D.O.M.S. (Ophthalmology) Exam of the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Performed complex Vitreoretinal procedures for management of difficult cases.
- Specialized in treatment of Retinopathy of Prematurity in pre-term infants.
Performed various Laser procedures using slit lamp, indirect , endolaser & G-Probe with a) Argon / Green laser b) Diode laser and c) Nd:YAG laser.
Competent in anterior & posterior segment Photography , Fluorescein and Indocyanine Green Angiography.
- B scan Ultrasound exams for ophthalmic diagnosis.
Awards Distinctions & Prizes :
Participated in the research studies on age related macular degeneration at the LuEsther T Metrz.
Retinal Research Center at the Manhattan Eye , Ear & Throat Hospital with Dr. L.A.Yannuzzi, Columbia University , New York , USA.
Performed research study on "Ambulatory surgery in Ophthalmology" at Medical Research Foundation ,v Chennai the results of which were subsequently published.
Worked on "Comparison on the various types of intraocular lenses with Dr. R.P.Jehangir - Prof of Ophthalmology , Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital.