Chief Surgeon, PerfectWave LASIK Centre has several years of experience in LASIK and is among the country"s longest-standing users of the benchmark "flying-spot" laser technology. He also is the first to use the WaveLight Allegretto excimer laser in India before the most recent WaveLight 400 Hz Allegretto Wave Eye-Q was launched at PerfectWave LASIK Centre.
"With the launch of the WaveLight 400 Hz Allegretto Wave Eye-Q, people in India will have access to technology and precision available only at very select centres elsewhere in the world ".
He is a pioneer in wavefront-guided LASIK laser vision correction. Trained in England, his area of specialization extends to the management of cataract, glaucoma and corneal disorders. He has been practicing as an Anterior segment consulting surgeon since 1996.
He has worked as a LASIK specialist since March 1997. He has performed refractive correction of vision using the Wavelight Allegretto Excimer laser and the Bausch & Lomb Technolas 217 Zyoptix wavefront guided LASIK system. He has been the Pioneer of wavefront guided LASIK and hyperopic/aphakic LASIK in the country and has performed over 5000 surgeries in 6 years for moderate to high degrees of myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
Other specialties include:
Corneal diseases and keratoplasty, astigmatic keratotomy. He is also the Management Representative for ISO 9002 for Shroff Eye Clinic; Quality Control in-charge for Anterior Segment services and the Research Program Director, Vision Research Centre.
He has been associated with the Bombay Hospital and Institute of Medical Sciences as an Associate Honorary Consulting Surgeon & Glaucoma Specialist 1997 -2003.
He has worked in Glaucoma and Anterior Segment at the Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, 1998 and with Dr. Robert Ritch from The Glaucoma Associates of New York.
His memberships include:
- The All India Ophthalmologic Society [AIOS]
- The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery [ASCRS]
- The Bombay Ophthalmological Association [BOA]
- The Maharashtra Ophthalmologic Society [MOS]
- The Delhi Ophthalmologic Society [DOS]
- The Glaucoma Society, India, [GSI]
- The Association of Medical Consultants [AMC]
- The Indian Hospital Association [IHA]
- The Indian Medical Association [IMA]
- The Bandra-Khar Medical Association
His list of publications include:
He has been the Guest Editor for the Bombay Hospital Journal, April 2001. Special Issue on Refractive Surgery.
Published the clinical results of LASIK for low, moderate and high myopia with the Technolas 217c Excimer laser.
- Bombay Hospital Journal, Vol. 43, No.2 2001 pg. 238
- Wavefront-guided LASIK overview. Bombay Hospital Journal, Vol. 43, No.2 2001 pg. 241
- Patient satisfaction after LASIK. Bombay Hospital Journal, Vol. 43, No.2 2001 pg. 244.