Dr. Shailender Singh one of the pioneers of Interventional Cardiology in South India brings to Wockhardt Hospitals two decades of experience in interventional cardiology. He is recognized as one of the leading interventionalist in the country and has performed more than 5000 coronary angioplasties.
He has been a teaching faculty and Associate Prof of Cardiology, Incharge of Cath Lab at NIMS, Hyderabad. Subsequently he was Head of the Department of Cardiology at Mediciti and Global Hospitals. He led the team that performed the First Heart Transplant in Andhra Pradesh. He has trained hundreds of Cardiologists from all over the country in Interventional Cardiology.
He is one of the first in Hyderabad to do Carotid Stenting and has an experience of over 100 cases. He conducted and performed both in national and international workshops on Coronary Angioplasty and Mitral Valvuloplasty. He conducted teaching courses in Sri Lanka and China on the above procedures.
- Coronary Angioplasty with Stenting
- Peripheral Angioplasty & Stenting
- Carotid Angiogram & Stenting
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Balloon Pulmonary / Aortic Valvuloplasty
- Device closure of Heart defects
- Percutaneous filters
Papers, Publications & Awards
- Several publications in national and International Journals including Papers in
NEJM on Balloon Mitral Valvotomy.
- Lectured in Pittsburgh University-Hospital.