Dr Kamran Khan brings to Wockhardt Hospital his vast experience in cancer surgeries having performed more than six thousand surgeries for cancer. Dr. Khan is part of an elite team of oncosurgens from the Tata Memorial Hospital which is the largest group in India performing more than six thousand complex surgeries every year on patients coming from India, South East Asia and the Middle East.
Dr Kamran Khan has done his masters in Surgical Oncology from the Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, where he has independently performed more than two thousand surgeries. He has done his fellowship in thoracic oncology, during which period he was part of the teaching faculty in surgical oncology. At present he is faculty at the Indian Cancer Society. He is also involved in cancer screening, counseling and palliative care.
Surgical Experience :
- Head, neck and laryngeal cancer surgeries and reconstruction
- Breast cancer-Conservative breast surgery and reconstruction
- Colorectal, Low Anterior Resection with sphincter preservation, gastric, hepatic resections
- Lung oesophageal resections, thoracoscopy and mediastinoscopy
- Surgery for ovarian, cervical cancers
- Minimally invasive oncosurgery
Professional Qualifications :
- 1985-1991 - M.B.B.S., Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital
- 1991-1994 - M.S., Tata Memorial Hospital
- 1994 - 1997 - Junior and Senior Residency in Surgical Oncology
- 1997 - 1998 - Senior Research Fellowship in Thoracic Oncology
Honours & Awards :
- Acworth Memorial Hospital Award in M.B.B.S.
- Distinction in M.S.