To remove or destroy the Endometrial lining of the uterus in women who have severe menstrual bleeding endometrial ablation is a medical treatment that is preferred widely. If you wish to have children in future do not go for endometrial ablation treatment.
Women who suffer from excessive menstrual bleeding, who have failed the medical therapy, and do not wish to undergo hysterectomy are more often employed by endometrial ablation. Dysfunctional uterine bleeding or adenomyosis is the most common reason for menstrual bleeding in women. This treatment is always performed as an outpatient treatment it can be either at the hospital or in the physician office or in the movable surgery center. The endometrial ablation cost is mainly performed while patients are under local or light sedative anesthesia, or if it is necessary then in general or spinal anesthesia.
You can leave the treatment facility within one hour. You’ll spend one day resting at home before you return to the activities of daily life. After the treatment, the endometrial ablation heals by scarring over, with removing or reducing the chance of future uterine bleeding. The hormonal functions of patients will remain unaffected because the ovaries are left with no damage. Birth control is necessary as placenta accrete may occur if the patient has sex after endometrial ablation.
Procedure Endometrial Ablation in India
But before you go for endometrial ablation you should take care of certain things that are given below
- Perform a Pregnancy Check– endometrial ablation cannot be done if you are pregnant.
- Check for Cancer– you should get checked that if have cancer or not. A thin tube is inserted through your cervix to take a sample of your endometrium to check whether it is cancerous or not.
- Remove an IUD –it is not recommended to perform endometrial ablation if you are having an IUD in place.
- Thin your Endometrium–when the uterine line is thin then there are more chances that an endometrial ablation will be successful.Your doctor will prescribe some medications or to perform a dilation and curettage (D&C). It is the procedure in which the doctor will scrapes out extra tissue.
- Discuss Anesthesia Option– general anesthesia is required in some methods of endometrial ablation, so you are asleep during the treatment.
Best Endometrial Ablation Procedure Can be Performed in Hospital of India
Endometrial ablation can be performed at your doctor’s clinic. But for some types of the endometrium, endometrial ablation is performed in a hospital, especially if you will need anesthesia. To allow for the passage of the instruments that will be used in endometrial ablation, your cervix opening should be widened. Your cervix can be widened using medication or by inserting a series of rods that will continuously increase in diameter until the cervix is enough widened.Endometrial ablation procedures vary by the method used to remove your endometrium. Options include:
- Electro Surgery– it requires general anesthesia. A thin scope is used to see inside the uterus. An instrument is passed through the scope, such as a wire loop and it is heated and uses to carve wrinkles into the endometrium.
- Cryoablation– two or three ice balls are created using extreme cold that will freeze and destroy the endometrium. Doctors track the progress of ice balls using real-time ultrasound imaging.
- Free Flowing hot Fluid– for about 8 to ten minutes a heated saline fluid is circulated within the uterus.The main advantage of this procedure is that it can be performed in
- Women who have an Irregular –shaped uterus from abnormal tissue growth. Interactivity lesions or uterine fibroids are the main reasons that change the shape of the uterus.
- Heated Balloon – through your cervix, a balloon device is inserted and then inflated using hot fluid. It depends on the balloon device that how much time it will take. Normally it takes two to ten minutes.
- Microwave– through the cervix a thin wand is inserted. To heat the endometrial tissue the wand emits microwave. This procedure generally takes three to five minutes.
- Radio Frequency– inside the uterus a special instrument unfurls a flexible ablation device firmly. Then the device will start to transmit radio frequency energy that will destroy the endometrial tissue in just one to two minutes. The device is then removed from the uterus firmly.
It may or may not take few months to see the final results, but during menstruation, the Endometrial ablation reduces the blood loss. Some women may have lighter periods while some will stop having periods completely.Endometrial ablation is not a sterilization procedure, so you should continue to use contraception so that you won’t get pregnant. You can expect pregnancy after endometrial ablation and it is possible too, but it will be hazardous and will end in miscarriage.
Our Service for International Patients in India : Indian Medguru Consultants
The Indian Medguru Consultants help the international patients the best way they can find low endometrial ablation cost in India at best hospital and surgeons in India. They help the patient to get: quick medical visa, meals, local travel, accommodation etc. The consultants will even help you to get the best package for your medical treatment in India.
Send your detailed medical reports as Email Attachment to Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org Call us :+91-9370586696.