Myomectomy surgery involves removal of the fibroid without removing the uterus. This operation preserves a woman’s ability to bear children. This surgery is preferred for fibroid treatment in women who want to become pregnant. After undergoing this surgery, your chances of pregnancy may be improved. The surgical methods for myomectomy includes:
- Hysteroscopy Myomectomy
- Laparoscopy Myomectomy
- Laparotomy Myomectomy
The method used by the myomectomy surgeons will depends on the size, location and the number of fibroids.
- A hysteroscopy involves inserting a lighted viewed instrument through the vagina into the uterus and this can be used to remove the fibroids on the inner wall of the uterus which have not grown deep into the uterine wall.
- A laparoscopy uses a lighted viewing instrument and one or more small incisions in the abdomen and this surgery is reserved for removing one or two fibroids which are growing on the outside of the uterus.
- During laparotomy the surgeon will make a larger incision in the abdomen and this is used to remove the large fibroids, numerous fibroids or those having grown deep into the uterine wall.
The length of time you may spend in the hospital and the recovery period varies with the method of surgery chosen by the myomectomy surgeon. Hysteroscopy is an outpatient procedure and requires a few days to two weeks time for recovery. Laparoscopy is an outpatient procedure and may require a one day stay and the patients will need about one to two weeks for recovery. Laparotmoy requires an average stay of one to four days and the recovery time is about four to six weeks.
A myomectomy surgeon will choose this procedure to preserve the uterus while treating the fibroids and this may be a reasonable treatment option if you have the following:
- Pain or pressure which is not relieve by treatment with medicine
- Anemia which is not relieved by treatment with medications
- A fibroid which has changed the wall of the uterus and this can sometimes cause infertility or repeat miscarriages. A myomectomy is often performed before on ivf in order to improve your changes of pregnancy
The myomectomy surgery reduces the pelvic pain and bleeding from fibroids. It improves the chances of having a baby. In 10 to 50 women out of 100, fibroids can recur after the surgery. The fibroids which are larger and numerous are likely to return post surgery. You should talk with the doctor about if your fibroid type is likely to grow back. The myomectomy surgeon will make several small incisions are made on the abdomen near the pelvic regions. Women who have chronic vaginal bleeding and severe pelvic pain due to fibroids will be recommended to undergo a myomectomy surgery. The cost of myomectomy surgery in India is low compared to that offered in the US.
Women undergoing this surgery will experience relief from the troublesome symptoms of fibroids. The complete recovery time will be after two to three weeks post surgery. You will be asked to avoid heavy and weight bearing activities such as running, clifting heavy objects, climbing stairs, driving and strenuous exercises during the recovery period. The myomectomy surgeon may advice you to avoid intercourse and using the tampon till complete recovery. It is also advisable to wait for three months post myomectomy surgery before attempting for conception.
Most women who underwent this surgery experienced relief from pain, menstrual bleeding, leg pains, backache, constipation, urinary urgency. Additionally, the issues related to child bearing could be resolved after undergoing this surgery.
Indian Med Guru Consultants are renowned medical tourism provider in India offering the low cost myomectomy surgery at the top hospitals. The best myomectomy surgeons India are highly skilled and hold expertise in performing all the types pf myomectomy surgeries. Our network hospitals are JCI accredited and strictly follow the international norms for the myomectomy surgery. We have the best surgical teams offering high quality treatments, services and care to our patients. You can contact us to avail the simple, cost-effective and hassel free surgical procedures in India. We help our international patients looking for low cost surgery and treatments by providing them with the medical opinions from the best myomectomy surgeons in India. We assists the patients through the journey by providing them the medical visas, making arrangements for their travel, food, stay and out dedicated hospital staff offer personalised care.