Wockhardt Hospital & Kidney Institute - Kolkata, part of premier chain of Wockhardt Hospitals and an affiliate hospital of Harvard Medical International of USA is the first and the only dedicated super specialty Kidney Hospital in Eastern India, established in the year 1988. Over the years it has become the single point solution for all kind of Urology and Nephrology diseases. It has emerged as a destination for world class clinical work in Urology and Nephrology as well as academic and research work in this field too.
INTERNATIONAL PATIENT SERVICES
Wockhardt Hospitals Group, has set up a special division to look after the needs of International Patients and make their stay comfortable and make them feel at home. Company guest relations persons themselves go to the airport to receive patients at any hour, we can arrange to send a life support ambulance incase the patient needs it. International patients are looked after by specially trained nurses, and facilitated by guest relations executives for any special requirements like accommodation for the companion, shopping, interpreters, currency exchange, tourism packages etc. all through their stay.
Why should you choose Wockhardt Hospitals?
The only Kidney Hospital of Eastern India has many firsts to its credit.
- Wockhardt pioneered in Lithotripsy - the non-surgical non-invasive way of treating Kidney stones in India with the introduction of Lithotripter using ultrasonography and X-ray for localisation of
stones and electro-magnetic waves to crush them.
- Wockhardt has performed the maximum number of PCNLs (stones extracted through a small hole at the back).
- It performs the maximum number of kidney stone as well as kidney surgeries per month with 100% success rate in Eastern India catering to over 50 billion people.
- It performed the first successful Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy in Kidney Transplant surgery in Eastern India.
- It introduced Penile Implant surgery in the Eastern India.
- It performs maximum number of dialysis per month in the city and thus has become synonym to Kidney care in the Eastern India.
|SERVICES & PROCEDURES
- Urology services : The Department of Urology at the Wockhardt Hospital and Kidney Institute is a national leader in urological treatments and research. The department of Urology is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical care in all aspects of adult and pediatric urology.
- STONE MANAGEMENT : The Wockhardt Stone Management Unit has 17 years experience in managing stones and offers comprehensive care in the treatment of kidney stones. Kidney stones can be treated with various procedures depending on the size of the stone.
- Nephrology Services : We specialize in all aspects of nephrology, critical care and transplant nephrology. We provide personalized health care services in all aspects of nephrology including: hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, Critical Care and kidney transplant. Wockhardt performs the maximum number of dialysis in Kolkata.
- Minimal Access and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery : The latest offering from Wockhardt Hospitals Kolkata brings to you the latest techniques, modern technology and instruments combined with high precision skills of the Wockhardt team of surgeons and gives you the alternative to conventional method of surgeries. These advanced (key hole) surgeries are done with the help of laparoscope and fine instruments to achieve the desired results but ensures less post operative discomfort, faster recovery and early return to work.
Wockhardt Eye Clinic is established in 1988 and is located at Wockhardt Medical Centre, 2/7 Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata 700 020.
17 years in Eye care has established Wockhardt Eye Clinic as the leading centre for ophthalmology in the eastern region. The clinical expertise of international repute, and sophistication of diagnostic and treatment procedure is serving the needs of the patients across a spectrum of eye disorders, specifically for cataract and anterior eye surgeries.
SERVICES & FACILITIES :
PHACO SUGERY : Phacoemulsification is the newest & latest method of cataract and IOL surgery. The cataract is removed using ultrasonic energy through a small opening. The advantages of Phacoemulsification are :
- Early rehabilitation because of small wound
- Minimum post operative complications
- Less pain and redness
- Better optics - lower astigmatism, refraction becomes stable within a week
IOL (Intra Ocular Lens) surgery by conventional procedure
- Squint Correction
- Vitreo-retina and Retinovasular
FFA (Fundus fluroscein Angiography)
- Argon & Yag Laser
- Contact Lens Clinic
- Special Cataract Clinic
- Special Glaucoma Clinic
- Diabetic Retinopathy
The panel of surgeons and consultants at Wockhardt Eye Clinic are regarded as among the best in the city. The modern day care surgery unit along with all diagnostic services available under one roof enables Wockhardt Eye Clinic to render world class professional treatment with personalized services in friendly ambience for the patients.
^ Back to Top