Interventional Cardiologist at Leelavati Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Suresh Vijan is a Consulting Interventional Cardiologist. He has undergone training in the prestigious Texas Heart Institute, Houston and obtained the Membership of the Royal College of Physicians. He has worked as Senior Registrar in cardiology at University of Leicester and later as Senior Lecturer and Hon. Consultant in Cardiology.
Dr. Vijan has been actively involved in developing catheter ablation techniques for treatment of Cardiac arrhythmias and setting up the cardiac arrhythmia services in Leicester. He has pioneered the implantation of Automatic cardiovascular defibrillator for malignant ventricular arrhythmia in UK.
Dr. Vijan has implanted the 1st AICD in Bombay. He has also pioneered the technique of dual chamber pacing in India and has been the first to implant a biventricular pacemaker for the heart failure patients.
Dr. Vijan has been at the forefront of Interventional Cardiology with implantation of intracoronary stents in 1993. He has been designed as Proctor for training cardiologists in the technique of coronary angioplasty with stent implantation. He has conducted live training Programmes in angioplasty in China and Vietnam.
He has introduced the technique of Septal ablation for Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy in 1997.
- Cardiac Catheterisation and Angiography, both pediatric & adult
- Coronary Angioplasty with stent.
- Vascular Angioplasty
- Electro physiology investigations.
- Catheter ablation techniques for treatment of Cardiac arrhythmias.
- Implantation of permanent pacemakers.
Professional qualifications & fellowship:
- 1978 MBBS from Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- 1982 M.D., Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- 1986 M.R.C.P., Royal College of Physician U.K. & Ireland
Awards & Honors: